Coronavirus - changing the way we work, what you need to know...
What to expect when you visit our practice...
We have recently been planning how we will open our doors as the Government Covid-19 road map progresses. Therefore on Monday 17th May the Cherry Hinton site reception will be open and the Brookfields reception will be open by the end of the week. We will keep this under review in context of government guidelines and local information to ensure we keep you and our team as safe as possible.
This means you can now attend the practice in person for enquiries and to drop off prescription requests etc if you can not use our online services. Our waiting room is also open for a maximum of 6 member patients.
However, if you, or anyone if your household has Coronavirus symptoms, has been advised to self-isolate or are awaiting a covid test result please do not attend the practice or any medical appointments and follow the government isolation advice here. If you suspect you have Covid-19 please visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 this site will take you through a series of questions to check your condition and offer advice and actions you should take. The questions you will be asked and the advice you receive changes depending on your answers so it is useful to check back if your condition changes. If you do not have access to the internet you can telephone NHS 111.
Please note from Monday 24th May we will no longer be taking prescription requests over the telephone - we hope this will help reduce the waiting times on our telephone lines which you have told us is a problem. Please continue to use your online account or email us on email@example.com
All patients attending an appointment at the practice are asked to follow our safety guidelines:
Please be on time for your appointment, if you are early please wait in your car or outside until your allocated appointment time. The waiting room is open and available for up to 6 members of the public.
Please wear a mask when you arrive and keep it on for the duration of your visit
Please sanitise your hands on arrival ensuring you use the same process for washing your hands and continue until the sanitiser has fully dried.
We have a one-way system through the building - if you are seeing a clinician they will escort you out our back door. If you are visiting reception please follow the signs in the reception area to the appropriate exit. Please note our sample drop-off location has changed - you will now find this in the foyer (you can exit out the front door if you are ONLY dropping off a sample).
We ask you not to touch anything while moving through the building.
Please use the toilet before you come, these are only available in urgent need.
If you have any questions or concerns about attending your appointment, please contact us
We’re here to help...
- We may be operating differently, but we are contactable as usual, as we have been throughout the Covid pandemic.
- However our service looks a bit different to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Appointments are via telephone or video consultation in the first instance. Face to Face appointments are available where physical examination is essential and/or where both the clinician and patient agree the benefits outweigh the risks.
- If you and the clinician feel a video consultation would be useful we will text you a link to open on your smart phone or PC, full instructions can be found here
- Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.
- If you have a query please read the information on our website or telephone us on 01223 652221.
- If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured we will be in touch.
I need GP support....
Please do not delay in seeking medical intervention if you are unwell. However we would ask you use our online resources in the first instance:
- You can also access guides to conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and where to get help from www.nhs.uk
We would like to invite you to join Doctorlink. We have been looking at how we can improve access to practice services; Doctorlink is our new online service where you can access advice and appointments online. Registration is simple and you can register here or use it via NHS app. To find out more about Doctorlink please click here or look at our appointments page.
- If you, or anyone if your household has Coronavirus symptoms, or has been advised to self-isolate please do not attend any medical appointments and follow the government isolation advice here . Please do not contact the surgery, visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 This site will take you through a series of questions to check your condition and offer advice and actions you should take. The questions you will be asked and the advice you receive changes depending on your answers so it is useful to check back if your condition changes
- Telephone us to arrange an appointment. If you and the clinician feel a video consultation would be useful we will text you a link to open on your smart phone or PC, full instructions can be found here