Coronavirus - changing the way we work, what you need to know...
We’re here to help...
- We may be operating differently, but we are contactable as usual, as we have been throughout the Covid pandemic.
- However our service looks a bit different to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Appointments are via telephone or video consultation in the first instance. Face to Face appointments are available where physical examination is essential and/or where both the clinician and patient agree the benefits outweigh the risks.
- If you and the clinician feel a video consultation would be useful we will text you a link to open on your smart phone or PC, full instructions can be found here
- Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery.
- If you have a query please read the information on our website or telephone us on 01223 652221.
- If you are waiting for a check-up, please be assured we will be in touch.
Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment or are invited by one of the team.
I need GP support....
Please do not delay in seeking medical intervention if you are unwell. However we would ask you use our online resources in the first instance:
- You can also access guides to conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and where to get help from www.nhs.uk
We would like to invite you to join Doctorlink. We have been looking at how we can improve access to practice services; Doctorlink is our new online service where you can access advice and appointments online. Registration is simple and you can register here or use it via NHS app. To find out more about Doctorlink please click here or look at our appointments page.
- If you, or anyone if your household has Coronavirus symptoms, or has been advised to self-isolate please do not attend any medical appointments and follow the government isolation advice here . Please do not contact the surgery, visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 This site will take you through a series of questions to check your condition and offer advice and actions you should take. The questions you will be asked and the advice you receive changes depending on your answers so it is useful to check back if your condition changes
- Telephone us to arrange an appointment. If you and the clinician feel a video consultation would be useful we will text you a link to open on your smart phone or PC, full instructions can be found here
What to expect when you visit our practice...
To ensure the safety of our staff and patients we have measures in place to minimise the risk from coronavirus. On arrival you may find our door is locked. This is to enable us to manage the number of patients within the practice at any one time.
All patients attending an appointment at the practice are asked to follow our safety guidelines:
Please be on time for your appointment, if you are early please wait in your car or outside until your allocated appointment time
If you are waiting outside, please ensure social distancing at all times (please wear suitable clothing for weather/bring an umbrella)
Please wear a mask when you arrive and keep it on for the duration of your visit
Your clinician will greet you at the front door, ask you to sanitise your hands and escort you to a consulting room. At the end of your consultation they will escort you out via the back door to maintain our one-way-system.
We ask you not to touch anything while moving through the building.
Please use the toilet before you come, these are only available in urgent need.
If you have any questions or concerns about attending your appointment, please contact us